Cannot Add PayPal Credit as a Biller

Each time I try to re-add PayPal Credit as a biller, it asks for a text code to my cell phone. I receive the code. However, Quicken does not prompt me to enter the code. Instead, it just states that they're having issues connecting with the biller and to "Fix It."

PayPal is not set up for Two-Factor Authentication and should not be prompting me for a code. I've tried repairing my data file using Super Validate, validating the Online Billers, Payment Methods, and Payments without issue. I've also tried a brand new data file, and it will not successfully add PayPal Credit as a biller.

Quicken for Windows User Since 2005, IT Support Professional with 18 years of experience.

Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Each time I try to re-add PayPal Credit as a biller, it asks for a text code to my cell phone. I receive the code. However, Quicken does not prompt me to enter the code. Instead, it just states that they're having issues connecting with the biller and to "Fix It."

PayPal is not set up for Two-Factor Authentication and should not be prompting me for a code. I've tried repairing my data file using Super Validate, validating the Online Billers, Payment Methods, and Payments without issue. I've also tried a brand new data file, and it will not successfully add PayPal Credit as a biller.
    Hello @jordan.jacob,   

We are sorry about this problem with 2-factor authentication and adding billers. Thank you for alerting us to this here on the Quicken Community.

First, save a backup by navigating to File > Save a Backup... in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then try navigating to Bills & Income, then clicking on the 'gear' icon in the upper right-hand corner, then click on Manage Online Billers. Try removing Paypal through the Action menu provided here. Now, try adding the biller once again by navigating to the Bills subtab and then click +New Bill

Let us know how this works.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • jordan.jacob
    jordan.jacob Member ✭✭✭
    As mentioned before, I even tried adding the biller to an entirely new data file. It does not work. I was finally able to get it to add after enabling Two-Factor Authentication with both a Google Authenticator and a Phone, then changing it to use the phone as the default. I was trying to not have to use Two-Factor authentication as it's very annoying each time I update my bills or download transactions that I'm now being prompted for three different two-factors from different providers.

Quicken for Windows User Since 2005, IT Support Professional with 18 years of experience.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're talking about paying your monthly PayPal Mastercard statement ... how about bypassing the Online Bill Pay issue altogether.

Due to the complexity of the matter it can take apparently forever to identify and fix a problem. While you're fighting the Bill Manager windmill, waiting for the problems to be resolved, to avoid missed or late payments I recommend you logon directly to the biller's website and authorize them to direct debit (aka PAC Draft, Autopay, APS, etc.) the next and all future payments from your checking account or a credit card. The biller's computer system will do all the work for you to make an electronic debit on the due date and you don't have to worry about being late.

In Quicken unlink the bill and just record a scheduled reminder which does not execute as an online payment into your account register on or before the Due Date and before you download transactions from the bank or credit card containing the payment transactions. That will allow Quicken to match your register transaction to the downloaded data and not cause any further issues.

• jordan.jacob
    jordan.jacob Member ✭✭✭
    Can this please be escalated to resolve the issue so that two-factor authentication is not needed?

This discussion has been closed.