One Step Update Frezing

What is going on with One Step Update? It is freeing the PC constantly. Have deleted an reinstalled still happens. I have been a user for 20 years and in the last 3 months this is a big problem. Only way to get out of it is to use Task Manager. Using R47.15 Get this fixed soon please.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    What is going on with One Step Update? It is freeing the PC constantly. Have deleted an reinstalled still happens. I have been a user for 20 years and in the last 3 months this is a big problem. Only way to get out of it is to use Task Manager. Using R47.15 Get this fixed soon please.
    Hello @DavidScott,  

We are sorry about this problem with online banking services. Thank you for letting us know about this here on the Quicken Community. 

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password
    Let us know about how this works. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Did not work. Still freezing up the computer.
  • jeffreybeach8204
    jeffreybeach8204 Member ✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Having same problem, brings up a blank box titled "Enter Quicken ID password".

Edit: I use Nord VPN, I switched servers and Quicken is working again. Everything else that uses the internet was working fine. Not sure why Quicken didn't like the connection.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @jeffreybeach8204,   

I am glad that you were able to get everything to resume functioning as expected. Thank you for letting us know about this situation regarding the VPN, and how switching servers via the VPN seems to have resolved the situation. 

@DavidScott,  

We are sorry that this issue is continuing. Thank you for letting us know about your results from previous troubleshooting.

Are you making use of any Virtual Private Networks, or VPNs, currently? Also, how long does the program seem to hang for before you have to use Task Manager to force quit and exit?

I look forward to your answers.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • No I have my own cable modem connected directly to the computer. The computer is not set up wireless. I do have Norton running in the background. That is not new, been on the computer for years.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please double-check your Norton Firewall settings. You need to have these entries:

This discussion has been closed.