Large Fonts option needs some formatting love
But Large Fonts results in many formatting issues throughout Quicken: Investing dashboard and Lifetime Planner planning assumptions popup are the two that I am most affected by.
Would be nice to see this improved.
Font size problems? Display issues? (Windows)
If you are using a version of Quicken at the Quicken 2019 US R 19.44 patch level or newer and you have previously made the following Compatibility change, please undo the change.
Users of other Quicken versions please try the following:
- Close Quicken !!! (This process won't work while Quicken is running!)
- Check the Compatibility tab settings in your Quicken Desktop program icon:
- In the Windows Start Menu right-click the Quicken icon. Select "Open File Location". This brings up a Windows File Explorer window. Right-click the highlighted Quicken shortcut line item.
- Go to the traditional Windows Desktop and right-click the Quicken program icon.
- Use Windows File Explorer, navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Quicken\ and right-click qw.exe
- Now click Properties.
- Select the Compatibility tab.
- Uncheck all settings.
- Windows 7, 8.1: Check "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings".
Windows 10, 11: Click "Change high DPI settings". Check "Override high DPI scaling behavior. Scaling performed by:" and select "Application" (also try the other available options repeating the entire procedure!). Click OK.
- Be sure to uncheck the "Run this program in compatibility mode for [older Windows version]" setting.
- Click the "Change settings for all users" button.
- Click Apply and exit.
- Reboot Windows.
- Now start Quicken and see if that makes a difference.
Some additional tuning suggestions:
- Try this workaround for 4k monitors
- System requirements: 1024x768 or higher screen resolution, 1280x1024 minimum for Large Fonts settings
- Unless absolutely required, try not to use "View / Use large fonts"
- Try setting the bank account registers to use a different font style or size: go to Edit / Preferences / Register, click the Fonts button and try different fonts.
- Try adjusting the bank account registers' row height: go to Edit / Preferences / Register, choose among the available Row Height choices: Compact, Comfortable or Standard
- If all else fails, try changing Windows Control Panel / Display options for "Make text and other items … smaller or larger" to use a different scaling level, but try not to exceed 125%
- Try using the Windows Magnifier. Press the Windows logo key and the = key to open Magnifier. Customize Magnifier to increment Zoom in 25% intervals.0
Scooterlam SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
@James White Also, have a look and consider voting on this idea, to address this font and alignment issue.0