Reports quits/closes every time I need to switch between reports

Options
Lenir
Lenir Member ✭✭
edited March 2023 in Reports (Mac)
Till recently, it was a breeze to edit reports. I could open and close any of them, go back and forth between reports and seamlessly edit transaction details, etc., Now, every time I close a report, or go to transactions, I need to go back to the top bar, select Reports again, and then scroll through the list of all reports I kept in the file till I find the current one I'm working on -- this is such a hassle! (I'm not talking about the minimized report at the bottom -- I'm referring to accessing other reports in file.) If I make a mistake and open the wrong report, there's no arrow to go back to where I was before, and the tedious process of reopening Reports needs to be repeated. Is there a way to go back and forth between reports without quitting Reports? It worked so well before. This new "improvement" makes no sense and is causing a lot of frustration. (I hope there's a way to achieve this. Please help!)

Answers

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 2023
    Options

Each report opens in its own window. You can have multiple reports open at the same time but if you're looking at them full-screen you wouldn't know more than one was displayed. It's been that way for a while I think. The last major overhaul to reports was a couple years ago (5.17). Did you recently upgrade from a much older version?

If there's a particular set of reports you frequently use, you can Save those and they'll be listed under “My Reports” in the report sidebar an the Reports tab. I have half a dozen of my most frequently used reports saved there.

Much easier than going through all the report categories looking for them. Just right-click on a report & select Duplicate and then press the Save button. There's also the Recently Opened selection in the sidebar that should make it easier to go back to a recently viewed report.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

This discussion has been closed.