Account details: How to change them
TVZ Member ✭✭
I have a savings account that for some reason is identified in my "Account Details" ("General" tab) as a "checking" account. However, I cannot seem to select it to correct that. Nor can I input the routing #. Any idea why?
look in the “display options” tab and change the ‘account intent' - does that fix it?
did you correctly enter the “online services” - I suspect that is what controls the routing # and account #0
I guess that the account, when created, was incorrectly created as Account Type = Checking.
The Account Type of an existing account cannot be changed in Quicken for Windows.
If you want to clean this up I recommend you do the following. Otherwise ignore it as a minor issue.
- Create a new offline account register with the correct Account Type = Savings, opening date 12/31/22 and opening balance 0.00
- Create a balance transfer transaction for 12/31/22 to transfer the actual balance from old to new account.
- Move all transactions since 1/1/23 from old to new account register
- Backup your Quicken data file.
- Deactivate the old account if it's activated for downloading
- Activate the new account register for downloading. Accept and match all downloaded transactions for year 2023. Delete, do not accept all downloaded transactions older than 1/1/23