Wells Fargo download problem

Options
Rob
Rob Member ✭✭
I have been a satisfied Quicken user for almost 25 years. In the last year I have spent HOURS trying to reconcile accounts that were not being downloaded properly WITHOUT RECEIVING ANY ERROR MESSAGE. I have lost confidence in Quicken. I thought everything was finally fixed but now I learn that Wells Fargo accounts, including a CC I have with them is not being downloaded and I have not received any error message. I do a daily update to monitor all my accounts for hacking and under the current circumstances this process is useless. What is going on with Quicken. HELP

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @Rob ,

We are sorry about this issue with downloading transactions and with reconciling accounts. Thank you for letting us know about this here on the Quicken Community.

If you have the chance, you could save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen and then create a 'test' data file by going to the same menu and selecting New Quicken File... Next, choose New Quicken File in the screen that follows, and then click OK. After this, choose a file location on your computer and then click Save. Choose Don't use mobile and web when prompted.

You may then add your Wells Fargo-associated accounts by navigating to the Add Account button in the Tools menu option in upper left-hand side of the screen, or in the more central, upper left-hand panel, denoted by the '+' symbol. Let us know if you see the same problem with missing transactions occurring in the test data file once this is attempted.

Let us know about your results, if you can.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared

• Rob
    Rob Member ✭✭
    Options
    Tried this and it seemed to work. It downloaded two transactions that did not get updated previously. I want to use the orignal account because of all of the history. Any thought on how to get it to work. I loaded the original account and tried it again, but the two transactions did download.
  • Rob
    Rob Member ✭✭
    Options
    Jared,
    By the way, thank you for your help. It seems like deposits get downloaded but not checks. Not sure what to make of that.
This discussion has been closed.