One investment account is doubled only in some places. Any ideas?

Options
Steve1096
Steve1096 Member ✭✭
I'm importing all my investment account info from Schwab, but it has been working fine for a couple of months. In the list of accounts and their balances everything is fine and accurate. But when I click on one of the accounts, the investment holdings are doubled. One account only, of several. Again, the summary of account balances are all correct. when that account is used in reports, the reports use the doubled amounts. Why one account only? Why are the downloaded transaction balances correct, but the account detail doubled? How do I fix it? And, by the way, when I click on one of holdings within the account, Quicken crashes. I checked for Quicken updates and it showed I had the latest.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options

Hello @Steve1096 ,

We are sorry about this problem with doubling holdings. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community.

Are these holdings appearing in the account Register, as well as in Reports? Also, has this account been deactivated from online banking services recently, or was it connected via a different connection method?

I look forward to your answers.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared

• Steve1096
    Steve1096 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Jared, First off, it's fixed. To quickly answer your questions though...I was using the "simple" financial info download (just positions and price) so there was no transaction data (making it all the more perplexing). And, when I opened the account and clicked on a position, Quicken crashed (and it still is doing the same, even though the doubling is fixed). The account was not deactivated and the connection method was not changed. My fix was to entirely close the account (dumping all data) and then re-adding the account (downloading the positions and price). Thank you Jared for taking the interest!
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options

Hello @Steve1096 ,

Thanks so much for getting back to me abut these developments, and for sharing the resolution with us. It sounds as though the account simply needed to be reactivated with Detailed Tracking so that the holding information would be displayed in full.

Have a great day, and feel free to reach out again, anytime, with other questions or concerns!

Regards,

Quicken Jared

• Steve1096
    Steve1096 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I kept it in the "simple" mode." (and I had updated all accounts several times previous to the erasing and it stayed doubled). So somehow it required erasing and starting fresh for that one account. No need to reply. Thanks again.
This discussion has been closed.