How to Convert BJs Comenity account to new BJs Capital One Account in Quicken

Options
When I try to add the new BJs Capital One card into Quicken account list it goes thru all the motions except when it says to Log into Capital One. At that point it just spins and spins and spins - then finally times out. If I cancel that routine, it never finishes adding the new BJs Capital One account.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options

Hello @judgeluciodeluca ,

We do apologize about this issue with freezing and timing out when trying to add accounts. Thank you for looking to the Quicken Community for assistance.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

• Navigate to Edit
    • Preferences...
    • Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    • Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    • Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    • Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password

Let us know about how this works for you, if you get the chance.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared

• Richard Young
    Richard Young Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have the same issue, except I can log into Capital One and authorize my accounts for download. After authorizing, I return to Quicken and the screen spins until it times out. The BJs account is never connected to Capital One.

• Richard Young
    Richard Young Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Never mind. Through trial and error I finally digured it out. Rather thatn pick the default Capital One when adding the account, I tried a Manual add. When I typed in a “Capital One” I was presented with several options: Capital One Card Services, Capital ON Current, Capital One 360. Since all of my other cards are Capital One Card Services, I tried to use that one with no success. I knew it wasn't the 360 as that is for bank accounts. I decided What the heck and tried the Capital One Current. I linked the BJs card account with a Quicken account I had already setup, and I selected Do Not Add for the other credit cards that are already linked tdhrough Card SErvices. Now I can update the BJs card from inside Quickemn. When I do a global account Update, Quicken makes two connection to Cap One. The first connection updates one account (BJs), and the second connect updtes the previously setup Cap One cards.

It would be nice if either Capital One or Quicken would tell you which connection to use. Customer service is not what it used to be when it was customer centric.

• karenscomets
    karenscomets Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you very much. I couldnt figure out how to add my new BJ's card. but after reading your solution, it worked for me also.
This discussion has been closed.