Fidelity retirement account duplicated all transactions

Options
13»

Answers

• Mark NY
    Mark NY Member
    Options

I have the same problem over the past few days - doubling. I pay for an annual mac subscription and don't want to expend a lot of time on this. Please get it together quicken re: fidelity 403B accounts.

• lauriel
    lauriel Member ✭✭
    Options

This happened to me as well. I tried merging and it kind of worked. I merged and added the ticker to the security. I am still having a problem with a fund in an old 401(k) which I can't find a ticker for so if I manually update that works. However, I don't pay Quicken to MANUALLY update anything. And this entire process was MANUAL and error prone, not what I expect from Quicken. I did try to delete and re-add but then I lost the entire history for account that I have entered each and every transaction as they came in so that didn't seem like a fair trade. So when I restored from backup and reverted that somehow did something to my Quicken cloud account (which I never use because it it horrible) and then I had to reconnect several account. The entire process has taken way too much time and is frustrating. Quicken should do better. There are so many thing that it does that is completely annoying I am now shopping for a different personal finance solution. Any ideas? I have used Quicken since the 1990s and I acknowledge that Quicken for Mac is just not as good as the PC version but I was willing to put up with it but that is just not working for me any longer

• Bosco
    Bosco Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options

I am having this problem also. I have the 401k account setup to download as "Fidelity Netbenefits". Since the last two updates to Quicken it has added a single transaction dating back to Sept 2014 adding the current number of shares for one specific holding, Nationwide's Guaranteed Fund to the account. Essentially doubling my positions. It is an Add Shares transaction with the total number of shares and wants the cost for that single transaction. Every time I download I have to delete this transaction to make the costing and positions correct. What is going on? I have other Fidelity accounts that do not have this problem. Version 6.12.5 (Build 612.47953.100) Mac macOS 12.6

Apparently this was supposed to be fixed according to the release notes:

There is another thread tracking this issue:

• pcd
    pcd Member ✭✭
    Options
    Merging simply moved the doubled securities into a single fund, with the doubled balance. Very disappointed - would hate to lose the history by having to delete/re-add the account.
  • Bosco
    Bosco Member ✭✭✭
    Options

This is a known issue with Fidelity download. Quicken is working on it. I called them today and I was refered to a separate thread tracking this issue. See my last post for the link.

• Alan Grobman
    Alan Grobman Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks RickO - your solution regarding merging made sense and worked for me thus far. I was gone for 3 weeks and returned to the update 6.12.5, did that with the backup and then I noticed the issue. Not sure when the update came out or if this behavior is related to the Update or not - Quicken says no - but my regular Fidelity Accounts are fine, only the NetBenefits accounts were affected. Interestingly, my securities in these accounts (only two - a money market fund and retirement date fund) do not have a symbol but seem to have downloaded just fine and I could not find one on the Fidelity site - so thus far will just leave that alone - in case someone else does this and does not see a security symbol present. We have two other Netbenefit accounts and they also did the same, merged, and no symbol but update fine...for now.
  • pcd
    pcd Member ✭✭
    Options
    merging, then updating corrected the balances, but as other have said, the history is now horked. Looking forward to hearing from Quicken on this - no update on the other thread for a week now.
  • DB2
    DB2 Member
    Options

When will this be resolved? DB2-

• Artpen100
    Artpen100 Member ✭✭
    Options

So when will it be resolved? I still have this same issue of double-counting Fidelity 401(k) accounts. Is Quicken doing anything to resolve it?

• seqkn
    seqkn Member ✭✭
    Options
    No update in over a week from Quicken Anja Ticket #10099840
  • lauriel
    lauriel Member ✭✭
    Options

His was fixed in a recent update for me

• Derek
    Derek Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am now getting lower balances. No longer syncing allocations changes, leading to incorrect balances.
  • NewMac2017
    NewMac2017 Member ✭✭
    Options
    This is still an issue for me. Some of my duplicate securities have slightly different names. For example, FID EXT MKT IDX IPR (with the correct number of shares) and FID EXTD MKT IDX.
  • NewMac2017
    NewMac2017 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Any updates/fixes for this issue?
  • NewMac2017
    NewMac2017 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Am I the only one still having this issue or is there a fix I do not know?
  • Bosco
    Bosco Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Fidelity downloads on the Mac are working correctly for me.

• NewMac2017
    NewMac2017 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Bosco, how did you delete the duplicates that already downloaded into your Quicken? (Mac)
  • Bosco
    Bosco Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I did it by brute force. I sorted the transactions so the dups were together and then deleted one of the paired dups.

This discussion has been closed.