Shares doubling on Investment/Dashboard

jlccoulter
jlccoulter Member ✭✭
edited April 2023 in Investing (Windows)

I have been having this problem for some time now and looking in the forums, i am not alone, but none of the existing threads show a resolution and most have been closed. One of my accounts is doubling the number of shares that I have, consequently doubling the value. My other three accounts are perfect. All four are from the same institution. The Portfolio value on the Home tab is also affected. I spent an hour and a half on the phone with support and he couldn't help but to tell me i have duplicate postings, which i showed him was not the case. Has any one figured out a solution for this.

Thanks

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you go to the account and click on Holdings, do you see the correct number of securities with twice as many shares of each, or is each security listed twice, with slightly different names?

QWin Premier subscription
  • jpelletier
    jpelletier Member ✭✭
    I am having the EXACT same problem and also read other posts of people having the EXACT same problem. Each time the posts get closed out with no resolution. I like others am a very experienced Quicken user, have also verified the securities are correct but have been unable to resolve the issue. Also, it is just like everyone else that is having the issue. It only exists in the investment dashboard under the "TOTAL VALUE" section and on the main Dashboard under "HOME" on the "PORTFOLIO VALUE" tile. EVERYWHERE else the amounts are correct and reflecting as they should. I mean, I see posts on this dating back to 2021, Quicken! Lets get it together.

BTW Jim Harmon Superuser, you've seen this too, I see you on posts back in 2021 on this issue. Are you the one closing these out without resolution?
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

BTW Jim Harmon Superuser, you've seen this too, I see you on posts back in 2021 on this issue. Are you the one closing these out without resolution?

Superusers are not allowed to close discussions, only Moderators, who are Quicken employees and not volunteers like Superusers, can close discussions.

To be clear, we have not heard back from @jlccoulter on whether his or her problem is the same as the others that have been reported, typically with Fidelity NetBenefits 401(k) accounts in Simple investing mode.

Also, despite the many posts on this issue over several months, I have not seen any acknowledgement of this issue from Quicken. Perhaps it is being confused with other Fidelity issues.

QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.