Quicken mis-identifies account type when setting up online connection

Options
When I try to set up the online services for a credit card, Quicken correctly tries to link it to an existing account. However, Quicken tries to link it the online credit card account to a savings account. Because Quicken indicates the online account is a savings account it doesn't offer the correct link to the credit card account.

The account I want to link the online connection to is identified as a credit account and has the same name as the online link account.

I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting the online connection several times, all to no avail.

Any ideas on how I can get Quicken to identify and link to the correct account?

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Before trying to activate an account, have you made sure that the account register in Quicken has been correctly deactivated first?
    When activating, in the list of accounts found at the bank, be sure to click the LINK button for each account and select the correct Quicken account register from the pulldown list. What Quicken suggests may not always be correct …

• gonzodog
    gonzodog Member
    Options

I have same issue, but with an Amex account and an SSFCU account. Download indicates "savings" so only option is to link to a savings account or to cancel.

• Seattlenicole
    Options

What is being done about this issue? I just purchased Quicken and have been adding my accounts for online, I have a few that are not set up with the correct accoutn type. Please respond.

• RoyS
    RoyS Member ✭✭
    Options

I have a similar problem with a Chase credit card account. Quicken tries to link it to a savings account and will not let me select the right account. This has been going on for nearly a week now.

This discussion has been closed.