I have an online employee 401k account that is displaying the value of exactly double the actual amo

Options

I am in the IBM 401k on Fidelity NetBenefits. I am using the online account and Quicken is displaying exactly double the value of the account. It looks like it has the investments correct but then it is saying that I also have that same amount in cash in the account. How do I fix this?

Best Answers

• mjonis
    mjonis Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I've had this happen when it sets the Opening Balance and then downloads all the transactions (effectively doubling the amount in the account). Check to see if there's an Opening Balance listed there (backup first and then if that matches the doubled cash, you can probably delete it).

• Bobberino
    Bobberino Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

Your answer was close and did get me to be able to fix the problem. It wasn't an Opening Balance, but there was my investment amount and then there was was the same amount in cash. Some how it was keeping cash in the account that was always equal to the investments even after the investment amount changed daily. It seems to work now. Thank you.

Answers

• mjonis
    mjonis Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I've had this happen when it sets the Opening Balance and then downloads all the transactions (effectively doubling the amount in the account). Check to see if there's an Opening Balance listed there (backup first and then if that matches the doubled cash, you can probably delete it).

• Bobberino
    Bobberino Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

Your answer was close and did get me to be able to fix the problem. It wasn't an Opening Balance, but there was my investment amount and then there was was the same amount in cash. Some how it was keeping cash in the account that was always equal to the investments even after the investment amount changed daily. It seems to work now. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.