Transfer Matching Issue with a group of transactions - IT USED TO WORK. (Q Mac)

Options
yeloshak
yeloshak Member

So, I cant reply to an old thread, but maybe I can link to it:

This USED to work. What the OP is asking - select a group of transaction, do the "Edit Transactions" from the pop up window. Change the Category to Transfer, select an account and then OK.

For years I have moved 12 or more transactions at a time and had Quicken ask me for each one OK to match to an existing transaction in the destination account. Nice to double check and way easier than manually finding and dragging and dropping each one.

In an update in the last 6 months, that broke (sorry I dont get around to quicken except at tax time!) If I had to guess, it broke sometime in Jan 2023.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

In case you have issues with transfer transactions not being generated correctly:

For best results manually enter transfer transactions into your register BEFORE you download transactions from the bank which contain the transfer confirmations. For recurring transfers use scheduled reminders and enter them a day or two before the due date.

Be sure to use distinct Payee Names for each transfer / credit card payment to avoid confusing Quicken - memorized payee entries.
    That takes the guesswork out of the download/matching process. Because a correctly entered transfer transaction already exists in your account registers, the process should just match the downloaded transfer transaction to the existing one and do so correctly in both accounts.

This discussion has been closed.