Can font size be increased in QW2007

Options
jarhtmd
jarhtmd Member ✭✭✭
I'm 84 and QW2007 has served me well all these years. My finances are not complicated. I'm certainly not giving up, but it seems foolish (to me) to update to a newer version at this late date. Heck, I still, occasionally, learn new things about QW2007 (mostly on this forum).

My eyesight isn't what it used to be. Larger fonts would be very helpful. Everything that I've found so far refers to clicking View, Preferences, etc.....none of which are available in QW2007 (at least, I can't find them).

I don't have this problem with anything else on my Win10 computer. I simply use CTRL and + or - keys or the mouse wheel. Sometimes I temporarily increased the magnification and later returned to "normal". That does not work with QW2007.
Tagged:

Comments

• jarhtmd
    jarhtmd Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I found Preferences & increased the font size, but it made no difference. I closed Quicken & restarted my computer. Still nothing.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I just installed Quicken 2013 Deluxe and under the View menu is Use Large Fonts. If 2007 doesn't have that choice, you can download/install the free version of Quicken 2013.

Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Font size problems? Display issues? (Windows)

If you are using a version of Quicken at the Quicken 2019 US R 19.44 patch level or newer and you have previously made the following Compatibility change, please undo the change.
    Users of other Quicken versions please try the following:

• Close Quicken !!! (This process won't work while Quicken is running!)
    • Check the Compatibility tab settings in your Quicken Desktop program icon:
    • In the Windows Start Menu right-click the Quicken icon. Select "Open File Location". This brings up a Windows File Explorer window. Right-click the highlighted Quicken shortcut line item.
      or
    • Go to the traditional Windows Desktop and right-click the Quicken program icon.
      or
    • Use Windows File Explorer, navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Quicken\ and right-click qw.exe
    • Now click Properties.
    • Select the Compatibility tab.
    • Uncheck all settings.
    • Windows 7, 8.1: Check "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings".
      Windows 10, 11: Click "Change high DPI settings". Check "Override high DPI scaling behavior. Scaling performed by:" and select "Application" (also try the other available options repeating the entire procedure!). Click OK.
    • Be sure to uncheck the "Run this program in compatibility mode for [older Windows version]" setting.
    • Click the "Change settings for all users" button.
    • Click Apply and exit.
    • Reboot Windows.
    • Now start Quicken and see if that makes a difference.

Some additional tuning suggestions:

• Try this workaround for 4k monitors https://www.quicken.com/support/work-around-display-issues-high-resolution-monitors
    • System requirements: 1024x768 or higher screen resolution, 1280x1024 minimum for Large Fonts settings
    • Unless absolutely required, try not to use "View / Use large fonts"
    • Try setting the bank account registers to use a different font style or size: go to Edit / Preferences / Register, click the Fonts button and try different fonts.
    • Try adjusting the bank account registers' row height: go to Edit / Preferences / Register, choose among the available Row Height choices: Compact, Comfortable or Standard
    • If all else fails, try changing Windows Control Panel / Display options for "Make text and other items … smaller or larger" to use a different scaling level, but try not to exceed 125%
    • Try using the Windows Magnifier. Press the Windows logo key and the = key to open Magnifier. Customize Magnifier to increment Zoom in 25% intervals.

• jarhtmd
    jarhtmd Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks, UKR
    I think your very last suggestion . . . Windows Magnifier . . . will serve my needs perfectly. I had not used that in YEARS and had completely forgotten about it.
    I've become "gun shy" of making "system changes". Too often the cure for one problem causes a different problem to crop up in the least expected places (maybe even other apps) at the most inopportune time.
  • jarhtmd
    jarhtmd Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Lo and behold . . . I had found the solution early on, when I found
    Edit / Preferences / Quicken Program / Register / Fonts

When I had "checked" my results, I had only open QW2007 to an account in the Investing Center of the Home Screen, where I had last been working. I had NOT selected an account in the Cash Flow Center, which had indeed been changed to a larger font. Accounts in the Investing center still have the small font . . . but the Windows Magnifier is sufficient (for me) for those accounts.
This discussion has been closed.