ArtV
ArtV Member ✭✭
Where do I go to add a 48 month GM Auto lease to my accounts

Best Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @ArtV,

An automobile lease (similar to other leases, such as for an apartment/home, or long-term equipment rentals) is not a liability, but rather is an expense (usually monthly) that runs for a specific time perion (e.g. 3 years). As such, most users simply setup a repeating scheduled bill reminder for the monthly payment in Quicken. You will be able to set both the payment amount the start and end dates as well as the account that typically use to make the payments. And once you reach the final payment, the reminder will go away.

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• ArtV
    ArtV Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thanks for your response

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @ArtV,

An automobile lease (similar to other leases, such as for an apartment/home, or long-term equipment rentals) is not a liability, but rather is an expense (usually monthly) that runs for a specific time perion (e.g. 3 years). As such, most users simply setup a repeating scheduled bill reminder for the monthly payment in Quicken. You will be able to set both the payment amount the start and end dates as well as the account that typically use to make the payments. And once you reach the final payment, the reminder will go away.

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• ArtV
    ArtV Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thanks for your response
This discussion has been closed.