Can't log back in after changing Quicken ID

I changed my ID due to a new email address and now when starting Quicken it prompts me to log in but the old ID is in the box and can't be changed. I read an article here about how to handle this by dismissing the prompt then going to Edit→Preferences and selecting Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts. When I do this that same login box pops up and can't be dismissed. I have to bring up Task Manager and forcibly end Quicken! I can still use the program by dismissing the initial prompt box but would really like to fix this. By the way, the other alternatives in that article don't work — I don't see the option to sign in as a different user, etc. I'm on the latest subscription version for Windows.

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

[deleted by me]

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Kim101
    Kim101 Member

I'm having same issue, has anyone found out what the problem is?

• rochrunner
    rochrunner Member

I just fixed it by the ridiculous technique of clicking on the "Forgot password" link in the dialog. I then got a box where I could enter the new email address (already changed on the web site) and for the password I entered the same one that I'd been using. It took it and I was then able to log in on the Quicken app with the new ID and p/w.

Seems like a real kludge but it worked!

• SappyOphile
    SappyOphile Member

Your kludge did the trick for me as well, @rochrunner. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.