New account number with Chase

Options
System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: One step update on 2 different accounts under same creditor.

Comments

• carolyn nichols
    Options

i have a new Chase Bank account number I want to enter and remove my old account number.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @carolyn nichols . I suggest you do the following:

1. In the Opening Balance transaction Memo field: Enter the dollar amount of the Opening Balance.
    2. Back up your data file.
    3. Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > Deactivate > General tab > remove the Financial Institution Information (everything above the Contact Name field) > Online Services tab > Set Up Now > follow the prompts making sure, when given the opportunity, to Link the downloaded information to the account you already have set up in Quicken.
    4. Check the Account Register Balance…does it match the Online Balance? If so, you are done. If not, proceed to the next step.
    5. Check the Opening Balance transaction dollar amount. Does it match what you had entered earlier in the Memo field? If so, proceed to the next step. If not, change the transaction dollar amount to match what you had entered into the Memo field. Does the Account Register balance and the Online Balance now match? If so, you are done. If not, proceed to the next step.
    6. Scroll up through the Account Register looking for duplicate transactions. If any are found, manually delete one of each of the duplicates. If duplicates are found they will most likely occur somewhere within the prior 90 days. Once deleted they should not show up, again.

At this point your Account Register balance should match the Online Balance. If they are not in agreement, let me know.

Did this answer your question?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.