Income transfer not showing up in any reports

Options
Muzbuz
Muzbuz Member
edited April 2023 in Reports (Mac)

I typically transfer a monthly "pay self" salary from my business account to another account. It's listed as income under "Salary" in the categories and is checked, but it will not show up in any reports. Will not show up as an Inflow either. I have both accounts checked as well. It's like it doesn't exist when building reports. What I'm I missing?

The Payee is "Transfer to", the Catagory is my "Salary" and lists as a Transfer Deposit into the account.

Answers

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited March 2023
    Options

If you're moving money between two accounts that are both in your Quicken file, then it's a transfer and you won't see it as income or expense in a report. However, if you select Edit Report, go to the Advanced tab, and select "Include All Transfers" then you should see it. Save the report so you don't have to keep doing this every time you run the report.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• Muzbuz
    Muzbuz Member
    Options

Thanks for the input, but unfortunately didn't make a difference. Did exactly as you instructed.

• Muzbuz
    Muzbuz Member
    Options

However, I do see a total from the account I transfered from, but it lists ALL transfers to/from every account, so doesn't help with report. If I could get very specific to the one account, that would be helpful, but there are several and all needed for reports.

• Jon
    Options

I don't think that's an option. I don't see any way to say "include transfers only for this one account" other than to restrict the entire report to that one account.

• Jon
    Options

OK, try this. On the Advanced tab of the report, change the setting back to "Include only transfers with accounts outside of report", then on the Accounts tab of the report deselect your business account to exclude it from the report.

• Muzbuz
    Muzbuz Member
    Options

That got me there. It won't show up as income or an inflow, but I can manually add it in I guess. Appreciate the guidance!

This discussion has been closed.