Problem downloading ALLY BANK IRA account information.

Options
Brent Meyers
Brent Meyers Member ✭✭✭

After years of using Quicken with Ally Bank the ability to download my IRA account information into Quicken has stopped working. I have tried to reset the account, receive a message that the accounts do not exist at Ally Bank and I should delete them. Cleared and reset on-line connectivity with the same results. When I contacted Ally Bank their response was "It Is Not My Problem". I have over 30 active accounts with Ally Bank all of which work except for the two IRA accounts.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

How are these accounts defined in Quicken? Account Type = Savings or IRA?
    AFAIK, bank IRA accounts cannot be defined as investment-type IRA accounts. That would need a brokerage to hold the accounts. Bank IRAs should be defined as Savings accounts with Tax deferred = Yes checked.

• Brent Meyers
    Brent Meyers Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Copy of Chat with Ally Bank

You|08:37 AM

Ally Bank IRAs

You are now connected to Frankie.|08:37 AM

Frankie|08:37 AM

Hello, this is Frankie from Ontario with Ally Customer Care. Thank you for chatting with me today. How can I help you?

You|08:38 AM

I use Quicken to download my account information, I have lost the ability to download my two IRA accounts to Quicken. Can you help?

Frankie|08:39 AM

I can certainly answer your questions. Unfortunately you would need to contact Quicken, we do not control their website in anyway. We also do disable access to third party aggregators during peak business hours for website stability.

You|08:41 AM

I have contacted Quicken, they tell me that it is not a problem on their side. The accounts do not show up a active accounts. Are the two IRA accounts locked for some reason?

You|08:42 AM

All of my other accounts 30+, download without problems

Frankie|08:42 AM

As mentioned, we do not control their website or what appears on it. If they are not able to assist, you may want to speak with their manager.

Frankie|08:43 AM

Both IRA accounts are active.

This discussion has been closed.