Why is Quicken uploading my data to the cloud?

Options
I have never elected to upload anything to the quicken cloud, and yet, sometimes I'll see a super quick message pop up in Quicken that it's syncing to the cloud. I researched this a little, and I tried to find out why and read this in your help info: "you may not delete from the cloud if you have only one thing in there." Is there someone who can tell me why this syncing happens, and how I can see what is in my cloud? Thank you!

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @DebbieJK,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community with these questions.

The Quicken Cloud stores and transmits your information between Quicken Desktop, Quicken Mobile, and Quicken on the Web.  A Quicken Cloud account is automatically created when you create a Quicken ID, but you do not have to use it. You may follow this link to access a FAQ that discusses the Quicken Cloud in more detail and also provides steps regarding how to turn Cloud Sync off.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• DebbieJK
    DebbieJK Member ✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Hi Jasmine, thank you for trying to help me. I clicked the LINK you gave me to instructions. I went to "Online Update for This Account" where it says "One Step Update Settings" so I guess that is the right place. HOWEVER, there are no options to do anything other than "Download Transactions and Balances" - can you please provide more information? Thank you.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

that LINK merely went to the FAQ on the "hard to read" Quicken support website explaining - Quicken Cloud

Next….. go to —> Edit —> Preferences —> Mobile & Web —> and verify SYNC is turned OFF -
    with it turned OFF, no account data is being uploaed - merely minimal Quicken User Account info for subscription.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That is not entirely true. If either EWC or EWC+ transaction download methods are being used, that account and transaction data is stored in both the Quicken Inc cloud and in the Intuit cloud.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options

@mshiggins - totally true .. but nothing "uploaded" as per the usual definition

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.