What happened to Find/Replace in my Quicken?

Options
jdeflow
jdeflow Member ✭✭
edited April 2023 in Reports (Mac)

What happened to Find/Rplace in my Quicken? VS. 6.12.5

Where is it?

Best Answer

• jdeflow
    jdeflow Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

OK! Thanks for the info & clarification.

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Not sure what version you're coming from, but QMac (after QM2007) never had true find/replace. Here's an Idea post where you can vote for it:

The closest we have is Transaction Info screen which provides a limited ability to change the contents of certain fields in a group of selected transaction. To use it, first select a group of transactions using command-click or shift-click and possibly the search box and/or register filters. Then invoke menu File > Get Info. Note that only non-split transactions will be modified by this process. Split transaction have to be changed one by one.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • jdeflow
    jdeflow Member ✭✭
    Options

Well, it uswed to be there! Improving services does NOT mean takng away services that are super convievenent! Not happy! Bring it back! For ALL fields,

John

• RickO
    Options

What version of Quicken Mac do you recall full find/replace being present in?

• jdeflow
    jdeflow Member ✭✭
    Options

Aha! Is it avaiable in the Windos version? And if so, why NOT in the MAC version?

• RickO
    Options

The current Mac version of Quicken was developed completely independently from the Windows version. The Windows version has a very long head start. The project managers have stated that the long term goal is to bring it eventually to full parity. The best we users can do to influence which features get implemented first is to vote on Idea posts as the one I mentioned above.

• jdeflow
    jdeflow Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

OK! Thanks for the info & clarification.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@jdeflow Nothing has been taken away in the 8.5 years Quicken Mac has been on the market. If you're referring back to the old Quicken from 2007 and earlier, yes, a lot of things work differently. Some things are better. (For instance, Search in Quicken Mac now is actually far better than the old Find in Quicken 2007.) And some things are worse, or missing — not because they took anything away, but because the features just haven't been built yet in the very long process of building a modern Quicken program from scratch.

You're not talking to the software developers on this site, so yelling to "Bring it back" isn't going to be effective, unfortunately. Voting for this feature, as @RickO suggested, is the only practical thing we users can do to get the features we cant added to the program.

It might help if you explained what you're trying to be able to do, and perhaps we can help you get there. If you're trying to Find things, the Search tool is pretty flexible and useful if you configure your search correctly. If you're trying to change an old category to a new one, you can usually accomplish this via the Categories window, which allows you to rename, merge, and promote or demote categories. If you're needing to replace something else, the Transaction Info window lets you mass replace payee names, categories, tags, and memos, except the significant caveat that it doesn't work within splits.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • jdeflow
    jdeflow Member ✭✭
    Options

Wow…. amazsing that you can hear me yell…. must be a new feature. Forgive my stupidity! I was just tryingtom find an answer and express myself, get off your high horse. No need tomrespond… I wont be back….

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@jdeflow No high horse here — honestly. You typed multiple setences with exclamation points, and said you weren't happy — and I was only letting you know that your comments here wouldn't be seen by the folks at Quicken who you probably wanted to direct them to.

I then offered to try to help if you provided a little more information, but if you're not interested, no problem.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.