Tag Sync Error everytime I update accounts

Options

Hi, This began happening after an update about 6 weeks ago. Every time I sync my accounts, it performs that function but also returns with this error that I can't figure out how to reconcile.

We had a problem syncing this tag:

tags upload: unknown error code = QCS-0400-8

Best Answers

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

I would look at your tags (select Tags from the Window menu or press Command-Shift-T) and see if there is a tag with no text in the name. In theory it shouldn't be possible to create one but you might have found a loophole somewhere.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• bittycakesnyc
    bittycakesnyc Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

Wow! That was it! I can't believe you just solved that for me in a minute! I did have a blank tag (I really don't use tags, so I'm not that familiar with them). I deleted it, synced and didn't get the error! Thank you so much!

Answers

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

I would look at your tags (select Tags from the Window menu or press Command-Shift-T) and see if there is a tag with no text in the name. In theory it shouldn't be possible to create one but you might have found a loophole somewhere.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• bittycakesnyc
    bittycakesnyc Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

Wow! That was it! I can't believe you just solved that for me in a minute! I did have a blank tag (I really don't use tags, so I'm not that familiar with them). I deleted it, synced and didn't get the error! Thank you so much!

• Texan12345
    Texan12345 Member
    Options

I've had this issue for years! I called support in Nov 22 and they couldn't fix it. Jon's advice above fixed it in 10 seconds.

For me the first line was empty and so it looked like it wasn't really 'empty' but I clicked on it and was able to delete it and now it seems to work.

This discussion has been closed.