has quicken stopped supporting on-line billing?

Options
just finished a chat with Juan who indicated that AMEX, CITI, Capital One and Chase have all stopped supporting the online biller process through the Intuit consolidator process. says the only way to manage budgeting is to manually enter the upcoming bills

Best Answers

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Sounds like Juan is wrong. The change to EWC+ download method removes the ability to use Quick Pay to pay that biller. You still get bill presentment and ability to pay via Check Pay.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• n3v3rtool8
    n3v3rtool8 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi all,

I was surprised to only read a few comments about the online billing myself @jghughes3

By the way, I basically am brand new to this; I think I briefly used Quicken in the late 80's but been sooooo long…

The main reason I actually purchased Quicken (unfortunately subscription based) was the fact that it offered this feature and could all be done through the software, so I figured perfect! One stop shop and the feeling of being more ogranized with banking/bills would make life so much easier…..

Not sure if the 'online billing' alone attracts newbies but all the postings on the internet should be revised to show there is no 'online bill' option. Is this what this Bill Manager service is about?

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options

short answer - yes -

some banks have migrated from the Quicken Direct Connect (2-way) protocol to a newer, and different (1-way) protocol called EWC+…. This newer EWC+ protocol does not support the sending/uploading of transactions from Quicken up to the bank and it's bill payment systems…

I have personally migrated back to my old manual double entry with Chase -
    - using the Quicken manual bill payment reminder - I enter the transaction into Quicken
    - next, I go to the Chase online website, and manually use the Chase bill payment system to enter the bill payment

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• jghughes3
    jghughes3 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    my problem is not getting the monthly bill amount FROM the bank
  • jghughes3
    jghughes3 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    i get the individual transactions every day that are charged to the amex card through one step update, but the on line bills part of the bills and income tab does not show the monthly bill amount due to amex and others
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Sounds like Juan is wrong. The change to EWC+ download method removes the ability to use Quick Pay to pay that biller. You still get bill presentment and ability to pay via Check Pay.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• jghughes3
    jghughes3 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    just spent another frustating chat with support, they insist that no more downloading of monthly bill amount is occuring, only the transactions charged to the cards. i can't believe that there are not more comments about this budgeting tool being taken away
  • miklk
    miklk SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

Not 100% sure if you are talking about getting the Credit Card Bill statement amount? (That used to download with Direct Connect BUT is no longer possible with EWC+) If that is what you are trying to replicate:

What I do to replace that function is setup a reminder for each card (or and biller that will have an online bill available)

Then, Link it to the Online Biller and it SHOULD update the amount when the Bill is available Online from the biller and then you can enter it in the register directly in Quicken to be paid on the due date etc.. (not a totally reliable feature BUT this does almost replicate the old process of the Bill amount downloading; It will be on the Biller tab instead directly in the register but just enter any time after it gets the Bill amount)

Example Below

• n3v3rtool8
    n3v3rtool8 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi all,

I was surprised to only read a few comments about the online billing myself @jghughes3

By the way, I basically am brand new to this; I think I briefly used Quicken in the late 80's but been sooooo long…

The main reason I actually purchased Quicken (unfortunately subscription based) was the fact that it offered this feature and could all be done through the software, so I figured perfect! One stop shop and the feeling of being more ogranized with banking/bills would make life so much easier…..

Not sure if the 'online billing' alone attracts newbies but all the postings on the internet should be revised to show there is no 'online bill' option. Is this what this Bill Manager service is about?

This discussion has been closed.