Cannot download transactions for Direct Connect due to certificate error

Options
NormalUser
NormalUser Member ✭✭
Hi,

I tried to debug why I cannot download new transactions for only some accounts.

In ConnLog.txt, I found that Quicken tries to access https://ofx-prod-brand.intuit.com/qm2400/fib.dll but failed.

I can confirm it is not trusted by Chrome and Safari as well and it said "*.intuit.com" certificate is not standards compliant

Any idea to fix this issue? Thanks!

Error Domain=NSURLErrorDomain Code=-1202 "The certificate for this server is invalid. You might be connecting to a server that is pretending to be “ofx-prod-brand.intuit.com” which could put your confidential information at risk." UserInfo={NSLocalizedRecoverySuggestion=Would you like to connect to the server anyway?, _kCFStreamErrorDomainKey=3, NSErrorPeerCertificateChainKey=(

"<cert(0x13e193e00) s: *.intuit.com i: DigiCert TLS RSA SHA256 2020 CA1>",

"<cert(0x13e160000) s: DigiCert TLS RSA SHA256 2020 CA1 i: DigiCert Global Root CA>",

"<cert(0x13e15c000) s: DigiCert Global Root CA i: DigiCert Global Root CA>"

), NSErrorClientCertificateStateKey=0, NSErrorFailingURLKey=https://ofx-prod-brand.intuit.com/qm2400/fib.dll, NSErrorFailingURLStringKey=https://ofx-prod-brand.intuit.com/qm2400/fib.dll, NSUnderlyingError=0x600006aac180 {Error Domain=kCFErrorDomainCFNetwork Code=-1202 "(null)" UserInfo={_kCFStreamPropertySSLClientCertificateState=0, kCFStreamPropertySSLPeerTrust=<SecTrustRef: 0x60000???????>, _kCFNetworkCFStreamSSLErrorOriginalValue=-9807, _kCFStreamErrorDomainKey=3, _kCFStreamErrorCodeKey=-9807, kCFStreamPropertySSLPeerCertificates=(

"<cert(0x13e193e00) s: *.intuit.com i: DigiCert TLS RSA SHA256 2020 CA1>",

"<cert(0x13e160000) s: DigiCert TLS RSA SHA256 2020 CA1 i: DigiCert Global Root CA>",

"<cert(0x13e15c000) s: DigiCert Global Root CA i: DigiCert Global Root CA>"

)}}, _NSURLErrorRelatedURLSessionTaskErrorKey=(

"LocalDataTask <????????-????-????-????-????????>.<29>"

), _kCFStreamErrorCodeKey=-9807, _NSURLErrorFailingURLSessionTaskErrorKey=LocalDataTask <????????-????-????-????-????????>.<29>, NSURLErrorFailingURLPeerTrustErrorKey=<SecTrustRef: 0x60000???????>, NSLocalizedDescription=The certificate for this server is invalid. You might be connecting to a server that is pretending to be “ofx-prod-brand.intuit.com” which could put your confidential information at risk.}

Answers

• NormalUser
    NormalUser Member ✭✭
    Options
    Screenshots attached
  • Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

I'm not having that problem using Direct Connect with 6.12.5. I also don't get any kind of certificate errors when visiting that URL in either Safari or Firefox. Which version of Quicken (and Mac OS) are you using?

(I also don't understand why Quicken Mac would be trying to access a .dll file, but I don't expect you to have the answer to that question.)

• NormalUser
    NormalUser Member ✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options
    I also have no clue why it tried to load a .dll file.

Mine is Quicken Deluxe Mac with version 6.12.5 (Build 612.47953.100)
    macOS version is 12.6.3
  • NormalUser
    NormalUser Member ✭✭
    Options
    It is fixed remotely.
This discussion has been closed.