Backup Issues

Options
John Carey
John Carey Member ✭✭
For a month now every time i run a backup it fails and I have to restart the program. Usually, I can rerun backup successfully but at times I have to restart Quicken 3 or 4 times. Anyone have this problem?
Tagged:

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Is there an error message when the backup fails?

Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • John Carey
    John Carey Member ✭✭
    Options
    No error message Quicken just hangs and asks do I want to end pgm or wait until it' finishes (which it never does)
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Options

What is the full path to the folder that contains your Quicken data file on the hard drive and the folder you using for backup? Are you using OneDrive, Dropbox or Google Backup?

• John Carey
    John Carey Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same issue on OneDrive, an external drive or the same computer
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Options

Again, what is the full path to the folder that contains your Quicken data file?

• Snowman
    Snowman Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@John Carey I backup to an NAS (Network Attached Storage) drive on my network which is mapped as drive A. I have been doing this for 10+ years without a problem. As Greg-The Greek asked where is you Quicken data file (QDF) located on your computer? It should be in the C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Quicken\FileName.QDF.

I suspect that your data file might be corrupted in some way. When was the last time you validated your file?

• John Carey
    John Carey Member ✭✭
    Options
    Moved my Quicken datafile to my c/user directory and tried to validate file, result was Quicken Program not responding end or wait, ended the program ans sratred it again, tried backup, same results - Quicken Program not responding end or wait.
  • Snowman
    Snowman Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I would then suggest you copy your data file if possible to a thumb drive and do a clean install of Quicken. There are I believe instructions on the web site for removing all traces of the old program and then reinstalling Quicken. I am assuming that you have a current subscription or else this will not work.

• Greg_the_Geek
    Options

Before reinstalling Quicken, I would suggest booting your computer into Safe Mode with Networking and then trying to see if Quicken freezes.

This discussion has been closed.