Stock transaction download errors - has this been fixed?

acferrad
acferrad Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭
edited April 2023 in Investing (Windows)
I posted this in November, and the only solution at the time was to revert to a previous version of Quicken, 44.27. I was wondering if it has been fixed in subsequent revisions? I am still on 44.27.

"For the past couple of weeks, whenever I download stock transactions with One Step Update, the Shares and Price fields are blank, only the Commission field has a value. In the Downloaded Transactions window at the bottom the full transaction amount is shown on the right, but the Description field just tells me the stock I bought or sold. When I click on the transaction to Accept it, it appears as a transaction to buy/sell 0 stock at 0 price, with a commission. I have to delete all the downloaded transactions and enter them manually. It happens with all my accounts, so I think it is a quicken issue."

Comments

• q_lurker
    q_lurker Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Your November post which includes a screenshot

I have not had any problem with QW R48.8 downloading investment transactions. I never used the version you cited with the problem since I skipped from R43.2 to R48.8. While there were various problems with assorted releases, nothing was so pervasive to suggest all stock transactions were being mishandled. Therefore, since your issue has not been identified specifically, it is impossible to say it has been fixed. All I can offer is that your problem is not common or seen by very many (if any) others.

About all I can suggest is that you back up your file, Upgrade to R48.15 (current release). Try our current file with that release, and try to figure out any issues from that point.

• acferrad
    ok thanks, I will update my version and see if all works ok! Thanks.
  • acferrad
    Appears to have been fixed in 45.21
    "Downloaded investment transactions for options trading with active puts and calls (short sale/cover short) did not include information such as shares (units) and price."
This discussion has been closed.