'Enter Transaction Screen" replaced by 4-element Dashboard in V R45.18, Build 27.1.45.18, Canada, W1

Options
Bruce Bowman
Bruce Bowman Member ✭✭
When I add a new account in the latest Canadian version of Quicken, the 'Enter Transactions Screen" is now replaced by a 4-element Dashboard (Total Value, Portfolio by Security, Top Movers & Value-over-Time' for Investment accounts. All accounts added before the latest update still display the traditional "Enter Transaction Screen" ... which is what I wish to preserve. I can NOT finding any setting that gets rid of the 4-element Dashboard.. In order to enter a transaction, I must use the 'CTRL-N' command.

Any suggestions?

Best Answer

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Your account is Simple minded. Go into your Account Details, General tab. You'll see Tracking Method: Simple or Complete. You want Complete.

To prevent Simple tracking for all accounts, go to Edit > Preferences > Investments and turn off Enable Simple Investing. Then the option will disappear from each account's Details.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Answer ✓
    Options

Your account is Simple minded. Go into your Account Details, General tab. You'll see Tracking Method: Simple or Complete. You want Complete.

To prevent Simple tracking for all accounts, go to Edit > Preferences > Investments and turn off Enable Simple Investing. Then the option will disappear from each account's Details.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Bruce Bowman
    Bruce Bowman Member ✭✭
    Options
    Editing the Account Details solved the problem., by changing to COMPLETE Tracking Method.. BUT ONLY for that particular account. I have to go through the same procedure for each new account - Is there a setting to make it the DEFAULT for each FILE, or better for the entire program?
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    edited March 2023
    Options

Is there a setting to make it the DEFAULT for each FILE

Yes. Reread the 2nd paragraph of my reply above.

This discussion has been closed.