How to change transaction to a different catagory

Options
mjj4golf
mjj4golf Member ✭✭
I need to change the catagory in a transaction. I am able to do it for a single transaction but I would like for all identical transactions be changed accordingly w/o doing each one seperately. Is it possible?

Thank you
Mike

Best Answer

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Option: Use the Find/Replace selection under the Edit menu

Option: Use the "All Transactions" selection at the top of the Account Bar. Filter listed transactions as needed (Payees, date range, etc.). Select set of transactions to be changed. Right-clicl and choose Assign Category.

Option: Create a report with the applicable transactions. Highlight the specific transactions to be changed. Clicl the Edit Button and choose the Recategorize Transactions option. (This feature may not work in current R48.xx releases to to a bug.)

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

also … you should pick the forum sub-section to post your questions … vs the main Root area

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• mjj4golf
    mjj4golf Member ✭✭
    Options
    Where did you want me to put it if it's so important. But thank you for the reprimand
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • mjj4golf
    mjj4golf Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you for your answer and now I know where to put the question even though it looks like the same type of catagory. And still don't have an answer to the question and now it shows answered. Wow I'm impressed with the support!
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Option: Use the Find/Replace selection under the Edit menu

Option: Use the "All Transactions" selection at the top of the Account Bar. Filter listed transactions as needed (Payees, date range, etc.). Select set of transactions to be changed. Right-clicl and choose Assign Category.

Option: Create a report with the applicable transactions. Highlight the specific transactions to be changed. Clicl the Edit Button and choose the Recategorize Transactions option. (This feature may not work in current R48.xx releases to to a bug.)

• mjj4golf
    mjj4golf Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thak You so much! That's what I needed.
This discussion has been closed.