Simple method not available . investments

Options
A-adrift
A-adrift Member ✭✭

I am unable to access SIMPLE INVESTMENT because my bank does not download investments. What are the basic numbers that make up the SIMPLE method for me to record my investments manually.

Tagged:

Comments

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Not sure what you are asking….

What version …. Help —> About Quicken

What bank are you wanting to access….. and what do you mean by "Simple Investment" numbers ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

That's correct - simple investment tracking is only available for accounts that can be connected online. Offline accounts can only use detailed tracking.

Your latest statement from your broker should have all the info you need to set up your account in quicken. You just need to know which assets you're invested in and how many shares of each you own.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• HelenH44
    HelenH44 Member ✭✭
    Options

@Jon thank you, I'm a new subscriber and was disheartened to see my Canadian bank downsloads were fine for bank accounts, think they are ok for c/c (have not checked balanced) but they brought in my investment accounts with zero balance. Talked to Quicken Support who referred me back to the bank, bank referred me back to Quicken and said "it's a quicken issue, their support on the investment side is lacking". I tried to use Quicken about 20 years ago for budget/spend/net worth tracking and abandoned it and one of the reasons was the investment tracking issues. I don't have complex investment needs - MF tracking and I have a stock award in the US (which Quicken does not seem to support). Any words of advice or help support you can point me to for mutual fund manual entries? For example, Quicken was showing my RESPs in a negative position driven by "adjustments" after the transfers in from my bank account and the gov't grant. I deleted the adjustments but not sure if that's what I should have done. Thanks so much!

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@HelenH44 You've posted one comment in a Quicken Windows thread and another comment in a Quicken Mac thread, so it's not clear which one you're using. It would be better if you started a new thread in either the Windows or Mac forum for Canadian users asking your questions.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• HelenH44
    HelenH44 Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Jon I think I was searcing and didn't realize I had switched over to another thread. It's Mac that I'm working off so will leave this one here and delete the windows one. I think I have figured this out for my Stock Grants, but still need to attempt on the mutual find side.
This discussion has been closed.