Year to date Income and Expenses by Category

Options
arobert404
arobert404 Member
edited May 2023 in Reports (Windows)

We just finished the first quarter of 2033 and I was looking on producing a report showing me the first quarter of 2022 vs. the first quarter of 2023. Unfortunately, the report I was able to produce shows all 4 quarters of 2022 broken down by quarter and then the first quarter of 2023. Is there a way to produce a report showing only the 1st quarter of 2022 vs the 1st quarter of 2023??

Best Answer

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Go to Reports > Comparison > Income and expense Comparison by Category

Set the date range to Quarterly and First Quarter 2023. Leave the Compare to setting at Prior year period.

QWin Premier subscription

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Go to Reports > Comparison > Income and expense Comparison by Category

Set the date range to Quarterly and First Quarter 2023. Leave the Compare to setting at Prior year period.

QWin Premier subscription
  • arobert404
    arobert404 Member
    Options

Thank you very much, the Quicken Analyst could not figure this out

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I hadn't looked at this report before and it seems useful. But it appears the numeric signs are the opposite of what I'd expect. If I spent more on something this year than last year, I'd expect the difference to be positive. But it's negative red in this report. That is, in Expenses, the difference is (last_year - this_year) when I'd expect the reverse. Do others see this as well and agree? Or am I the one that's backward?

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

This discussion has been closed.