Popup showing discrepancy between Quicken share balance and account share balance?

Options
EmKay
EmKay Member ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2023 in Investing (Windows)

Every once in a while, lately, in one of my investment accounts, I will occasionally get a pop-up window telling me that some of my holding balances don't match between Quicken and what the downloaded info says I have in the account. I have been closing that pop-up because I didn't have time to go online and see where the issue was.

Now I'm logged into my investment account, and I want to see that pop-up - but I can't figure out how to make it pop up! Anyone know how to call that up?

Quicken Classic Premier (Windows) R52.33

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Easy: in the investment account's gear menu, choose "Reconcile Shares".

Not so easy: determining the discrepancy. If it eludes you, post more info here and we'll try to help.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• EmKay
    EmKay Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks, @Rocket J Squirrel - on determining the discrepancy, I'm not sure I'll be able to. This is, in at least one instance, on treasuries held at Vanguard. I bought an even, rounded quantity, and Vanguard is showing that quantity - but the "reported" quantity is coming in .01 less than what I thought I bought. I'm guessing that's nothing I can fix, and is just some weird fluke of how Vanguard is sending data for Quicken… ?

Quicken Classic Premier (Windows) R52.33

This discussion has been closed.