Victory Capital - trying to add - get CC-501

Options

I've been trying to add a Victory Capital account every day for 2 weeks.

I keep getting (and have been for days) the error code CC-501. I've tried with customer support through chat, but they disconnected. I've been waiting on the phone for customer support for 2 hours, so that gave no suggestions.

To resolve the problem, I have disconnected, signed out, rebooted, uninstalled (and then reconnected, etc). Does anyone have any suggestions, or is this an ongoing issue?

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Are you trying to set up downloads of investment transactions?

If so, I'm sorry to say that you will not be able to do that. Here is what the FIDIR.txt file (Financial Institutions Directory…the file that tells Quicken which financial institutions support Quicken, which connection methods they support and for which types of accounts) shows for VC:

• 67926 67926 67926 Victory Capital https://www.vcm.com/ 1-800-235-8396 https://mysecure.vcm.com/sign-in ACTIVE BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT NOT_QBP NA

Note what is in bold text. It means that VC supports the EWC connection method which cannot be used with investment accounts. It also shows that the types of accounts that VC does support with EWC are Banking accounts (i.e., checking, savings) and Credit accounts (i.e., credit cards, loans). When trying to connect with an investment account with this kind of set up and there are no Banking and/or Credit accounts involved then CC-501 error code is typically received.

This is not something Quicken can fix. VC needs to contract with Intuit (the aggregator) to get set up for Direct Connect or Express Web Connect+ (the two connection methods that can download investment transactions from within Quicken) or with Web Connect (the manual download of a QFX file from the financial institution and then manually importing it into Quicken). VC owns deciding whether or not to do this.

For now the options you have to include VC in Quicken include:

1. If VC allows for downloads of investment transactions in QIF format, you could try doing that and then manually importing it into Quicken.
    2. If VC allows for downloads of investment transactions in CSV, Exel or OFX formats, you could try doing that and then use a conversion program such as ImportQIF to convert those files into something that Quicken can import. ImportQIF is a freeware program developed by a long-time Quicken user and very active member of this Community. You can read up on it and download it from: https://www.quicknperlwiz.com/ .
    3. Set up your VC account as an offline account and enter the transactions manually.

Did this answer your question?

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Options

Are you trying to set up downloads of investment transactions?

If so, I'm sorry to say that you will not be able to do that. Here is what the FIDIR.txt file (Financial Institutions Directory…the file that tells Quicken which financial institutions support Quicken, which connection methods they support and for which types of accounts) shows for VC:

• 67926 67926 67926 Victory Capital https://www.vcm.com/ 1-800-235-8396 https://mysecure.vcm.com/sign-in ACTIVE BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT NOT_QBP NA

Note what is in bold text. It means that VC supports the EWC connection method which cannot be used with investment accounts. It also shows that the types of accounts that VC does support with EWC are Banking accounts (i.e., checking, savings) and Credit accounts (i.e., credit cards, loans). When trying to connect with an investment account with this kind of set up and there are no Banking and/or Credit accounts involved then CC-501 error code is typically received.

This is not something Quicken can fix. VC needs to contract with Intuit (the aggregator) to get set up for Direct Connect or Express Web Connect+ (the two connection methods that can download investment transactions from within Quicken) or with Web Connect (the manual download of a QFX file from the financial institution and then manually importing it into Quicken). VC owns deciding whether or not to do this.

For now the options you have to include VC in Quicken include:

1. If VC allows for downloads of investment transactions in QIF format, you could try doing that and then manually importing it into Quicken.
    2. If VC allows for downloads of investment transactions in CSV, Exel or OFX formats, you could try doing that and then use a conversion program such as ImportQIF to convert those files into something that Quicken can import. ImportQIF is a freeware program developed by a long-time Quicken user and very active member of this Community. You can read up on it and download it from: https://www.quicknperlwiz.com/ .
    3. Set up your VC account as an offline account and enter the transactions manually.

Did this answer your question?

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

kinda looks like VC messed up
    and don't support Quicken and the main focus of their entire company - Investments -

Welcome to Victory Capital

We are a diversified global
    investment management firm offering a wide array of independent
    investment approaches and innovative solutions designed to drive better
    investment outcomes

Choose an investor type to help us better serve your needs.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

I have seen a few other investment FIs that have done the same thing: Set up EWC for downloading from banking and credit card accounts but they did not go to the expense of setting up DC for downloading from investment accounts. Maybe they are all just waiting for the opportunity to set up EWC+ for that.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

OR…. they were not informed of the difference -
    since I see nothing on the website about anything other than investing…. maybe checking or CC for a cash acct -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• kramem1
    kramem1 Member
    Options

Cool! Thank you all.

This discussion has been closed.