How do I change accounts for downloading transactins?

Options

I goofed up & got transactions downloaded to the wrong account & I can't figure out how to fix it

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

huh ?
    How are you doing this, as transactions downloaded via One Step Update should go into their respective Quicken Accounts - same for manually downloaded QFX files and Imported into Quicken

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If this is a one-time glitch (and not going to repeat itself next time you download transactions, however you do that) please do this:

Works with banking account registers only:
    To move the transactions from the incorrect register to the correct one, block-select the transactions just like you would block-select files in Windows File Explorer.
    Once all transactions are highlighted, right-click one of the highlighted transactions.
    Select "Move transactions" from the popup.
    Select the correct destination account register from a popup list and click OK.

⚠️ If all else fails and you haven't made too many other changes to your data file, restore your Quicken data file from a backup taken before the bad download. Once restored, repeat the download making sure to choose the correct destination register.

This discussion has been closed.