Trouble accessing Reconcile Function (Q Mac)

Options
Vicki G
Vicki G Member

The reconcile function is grayed out on both drop down menu and bottom right on screen. I have tried everything! Anyone have a solution? I tried highlighting the banking account on left side and tried all solutions suggested on previous posts. Need some help! Thanks all!

Best Answer

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

It sounds very much as if you have selected a group register (eg. Cash, Banking, Savings, Credit Card) rather than an individual account. Since these group registers consist of multiple accounts, they cannot be reconciled and the reconcile option will be grayed out.

If the group register is collapsed, the individual account registers in the sidebar may be hidden and no selectable. To ensure all accounts are shown, click the three dot (…) icon at the top of the sidebar and select Expand All Sidebar Groups.

One suggestion: if any of your accounts have the same name as a Group (eg. "Savings") it can be hard to tell if you've selected the account or the group. In this case, I suggest renaming the account to something more specific, such as "MyBank Savings".

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

It sounds very much as if you have selected a group register (eg. Cash, Banking, Savings, Credit Card) rather than an individual account. Since these group registers consist of multiple accounts, they cannot be reconciled and the reconcile option will be grayed out.

If the group register is collapsed, the individual account registers in the sidebar may be hidden and no selectable. To ensure all accounts are shown, click the three dot (…) icon at the top of the sidebar and select Expand All Sidebar Groups.

One suggestion: if any of your accounts have the same name as a Group (eg. "Savings") it can be hard to tell if you've selected the account or the group. In this case, I suggest renaming the account to something more specific, such as "MyBank Savings".

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Vicki G
    Vicki G Member
    Options

Thank you RickO! That solved the problem! I have no idea how that happened as I did not change anything.

All good now!

This discussion has been closed.