Reconciling bank account

Options

Every so often, Quicken does not recognize a transaction on Quicken when reconciling a bank account. It is within the given dates for the statement, but Quicken doesn't put it into the reconcile screen. How to fix this?

Answers

• Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

does the transaction in question already have an "R" in the cleared field?

• Seedtrucker
    Seedtrucker Member
    Options

I have a problem downloading from Chase Bank through One Step Download.

The balance is off from $ 800.00 to $ 1.00 between downloads!

Somtimes the balances match and the next they off by large and small amounts , and I can NOT find the error.

Andrew Miller

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• kkschanley
    kkschanley Member
    Options

I suddenly cannot reconcile one of my accounts. I download & reconcile at least weekly. Now this one is suddenly off by $740 +. I have downloaded 2 years data for comparison. No help. PLEASE HELP!

• JRBDAB
    JRBDAB Member
    Options

I've found that Quicken does NOT recognize a positive balance on my credit cards. I have to do a paper reconciliation and then enter the balance as a negative number to reconcile to zero difference.

QUIVKEN, can you find and correct the coding error please?

• Stefan
    Stefan Member ✭✭
    Options

I wonder if a recent Quicken update messed up pre-reconciled accounts. Since 2017, I have successfully reconciled a simple checking account manually in Quicken against the bank's monthly statements. This month after doing the manual reconciliation, I was surprised that the Quicken balance was off from the bank statement by a few thousand dollars. I chose Accounts > Reconciliation History from the main menu and discovered that several already-reconciled statements were suddenly off. In all cases, the discrepancy had to do with account transfers I had made between Quicken accounts, which reflected actual bank transfers. See (redacted) screen shot. I certainly didn't delete those transactions myself.

After scratching my head for too long, I stopped trying to figure things out and, after backing up my Quicken file (.quickenbackup), simply "restored" all transactions. In the end, I grudgingly accepted a $900 "reconcile adjustment." Now the current month's manual reconciliation matches the proper ending balance in the bank account's statement. Still a mystery, but I'm willing to move on.

So far I don't believe my other accounts are affected.

• Stefan
    Stefan Member ✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Re my comment (just above) about grudgingly accepting a $900 "reconcile adjustment": I should clarify that this didn't really add money to my balance. In the end, there were three consistent differences when I re-reconciled the previous months: one was +$900 and two were –$900, so the "reconcile adjustment" I accepted was really just zeroing out those other adjustments.
  • Keith Johnson
    Keith Johnson Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @JRBDAB said:
    > I've found that Quicken does NOT recognize a positive balance on my credit cards. I have to do a paper reconciliation and then enter the balance as a negative number to reconcile to zero difference.
    >
    > QUIVKEN, can you find and correct the coding error please?

The solution that works for me is to add the column "Amount."
This discussion has been closed.