Check Pay was Returned and Uncashed

Options

I submitted a Quicken Check pay instruction to pay MyStore. A check was issued. Chase Bank processed the instruction and debited my account for the amount to be paid to MyStore. Good so far. That was 6 weeks ago.

MyStore has since sent me the original and uncashed check. Who/where do I now send this check that will assure me the funds will be returned and credited to my account? I have not found a specific instruction or guide for processing a request to "void the check", and return those funds to my account. Where should I send an uncashed check? Quicken or Chase? Who and/or what process instructs Chase to credit my account for the funds that were debited to my account six weeks ago.

Tagged:

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Look at the check.
    Is it drawn in your name and against your checking account (the MICR line show exactly the same routing number and account as a check from your personal checkbook)?
    Or is it drawn against some intermediate holding account at Chase (the MICR line shows some other routing and account numbers)?

AFAIK, a paper check written by the Quicken Check Pay service is made up like one of your personal checks. It's drawn against your checking account. The money only leaves your account if and when the check is actually cashed.

You said that the money was withdrawn from your account at the time the bank created and mailed the check.
    To get your money back I would suggest you go to the local bank and talk to the manager, to have the money refunded. Bring the original check.
    When that's been arranged, you can record a deposit transaction in the amount of the check (+/- fees, if any).

This discussion has been closed.