Schwab re-downloaded old transactions

Options
mikeweberatl
mikeweberatl Member ✭✭✭

I am reopening this discussion which was closed…

My problem with Schwab randomly and intermittently downloading old brokerage transactions just happened again. It had not happened for a few weeks. There's no pattern for when it happens (that I can see.) I have not made any changes to these accounts in months.

I did a download today at 8:25AM Central Time. This was at least the 3rd download I did this morning. The earlier downloads were fine, but this time it downloaded 7 transactions from March (4 BUY securties and 3 SELL) in my taxable brokerage account and it downloaded another 8 transactions (8 BUY) in an IRA also from March. The dates of the transactions varied (but within a few weeks) and it did not download every transaction that happened in that time frame - just a random few. It also did not do this on all of my Schwab accounts - just some of them. All of these transactions were previously downloaded and my accounts were reconciled and accurate, so this makes no sense.

In the last discussion on this issue, I was asked to enable the column for "Downloaded ID" so we could compare the ID of the original transaction and the new duplicate one. Unfortunately, the option to add columns appears only in banking registers and I don't have the option for these brokerage accounts. One of the accounts does have a linked checking account, but only the cash transactions in that account have Download ID's shown.

Is there anything else I can do to document these problem entries before I delete them?

Comments

• mikeweberatl
    mikeweberatl Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Update…. I went ahead and deleted all the bad/duplicate transactions and did a new download. I got more duplicate transactions. This time it was in 3 Schwab accounts and a lot more transactions. Everything seemed to be mostly from 3/7/23 and some from 3/6/23, so in this case they were exactly a month ago. Not sure if that's significant.

I made backups of both files while the duplicate transactions were still waiting to be ACCEPTED in case we can troubleshoot something.

This discussion has been closed.