Category doesn't populate when using memorized transactions

ScottG216
ScottG216 Member ✭✭

When I use a memorized transaction, the category isn't populating. I deleted all my memorized transactions and rebuilt the list, currently only have a few. Deleting and rebuilding didn't help.

Never Autocategorize is unchecked.

I have Quicken Deluxe, Version R48.15, Build 27.1.48.15

Tagged:

Best Answer

• ScottG216
    ScottG216 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓

I got it working. In Preferences > Data Entry, I had to enable:

• Complete fields using previous entries
    • Recall Memorized Payee

Answers

• Hello @ScottG216,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. When did this issue first start? Is it affecting all accounts? Does this happen with every memorized transaction? Is this happening when you are putting in transactions manually, when they are downloading from the financial institution, or both?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• ScottG216
    ScottG216 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓

I got it working. In Preferences > Data Entry, I had to enable:

• Complete fields using previous entries
    • Recall Memorized Payee

• Thank you for your reply,

I'm glad to hear you got it working and thank you for sharing the solution.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• dlsteinbach
    dlsteinbach Member

I have the same problem with categories not populating with memorized transactions.

Scott's fix (above) didn't help — I've had those items checked for years.

Something broke in a recent update. How can I revert to an older Quicken?

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

In the Memorized Payee List, there's an option to "Lock and leave this payee unchanged when it is edited in a register".
    In effect, this allows you to create a model MPL entry for this payee which will (should) always be used for a new transaction. Changing any fields in the new register transaction will not change the MPL entry.

You might want to try that and see if it solves your issue.

This discussion has been closed.