Why doesn't Quicken for Mac automatically keep transactions up to date?

Recently migrated from PC to Mac. When I was using Quicken for Windows, it keeps my transactions updated so I can always see the latest activity. Now on the Mac version, I realize that Quicken no longer keeps transactions updated, but you need to click on the circular arrow (update?) button for the latest transactions to be downloaded. Has anyone found a way around this? Kind of aggravating.

Comments

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

Quicken Mac doesn't have an automatic update like the Windows version does. You're just going to have to get in the habit of hitting the Update arrow when you run it.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• atps1234
    atps1234 Member

Thanks Jon.

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

There are times when I just want to quickly check a transaction and not wait for an update to complete, so I think this is actually a good thing. If you are more keyboard oriented, there is a menu item Update All Online Accounts in the Accounts menu. You can use the standard macOS keyboard shortcut assignment tool to set that to any keyboard shortcut you like.

BTW, it's not a good idea to leave Quicken running all the time while you're not using it. Although the likelihood of database corruption happening if the computer should crash, or other event, it does happen.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.