How to Enter a Paycheck and download Income from Bank (QMac)

Options
jbahensky2
jbahensky2 Member ✭✭

What is the best way to enter a paycheck so I can track items such as Insurance, Taxes Paid out, 401K, Employer Match, etc? I download my banking info from WF which includes my Net Pay amount but I want to track other items in my pay stub as well. What is the best way to do that for Quicken for Mac?

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

setup a Income Reminder and use the Payroll Wizard (at the very bottom) to create the splits as a template

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Ps56k2 I am not sure if the Mac version has a paycheck wizard.

@jbahensky2 I've asked the moderators to move your question to a Mac category.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

ahhh .. if Qmac doesn't have the Payroll Wizard as part of the Income Reminder, then just set it up on your own with Splits - for the Gross pay and "minus" each line item for the various deductions resulting in the Net which will Match your downloaded amount

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited April 2023
    Options

What I would do is create a split transaction with all the different expenses as line items in the split, something like this:

For the employer match what you would probably need to do is add two lines to the split, one line transferring the employer match to your 401K and a second line with the opposite amount categorized as an adjustment.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• J_Mike
    J_Mike SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    QWin & QMac (Deluxe) Subscription
    Quicken user since 1991

This discussion has been closed.