Change Account type

Options
PSG Florida
PSG Florida Member ✭✭
edited May 2023 in Investing (Mac)

Morning. I am currently Quicken Deluxe for Mac (70.0). A few years ago I set up 2 whole life policies under the INVESTING/BROKERAGE category. Seems it should be under BANKING/SAVINGS or ?? Is there a way to create a new account and move the existing transaction to the new account? (I created the new account under savings, just can't figure out how to transfer or if that is even an option)If not, no big deal - I've been tracking it just fine. Just wanted to be a little more accurate….

Thanks

Best Answer

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

It depends on what type of transaction it is. If it's a Payment/Deposit then you can move those transactions to the new account, just select them in the register of the old account and drag them onto the new account in the account sidebar.

Transactions involving securities cannot be moved to a non-investment account.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

Answers

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

It depends on what type of transaction it is. If it's a Payment/Deposit then you can move those transactions to the new account, just select them in the register of the old account and drag them onto the new account in the account sidebar.

Transactions involving securities cannot be moved to a non-investment account.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• PSG Florida
    PSG Florida Member ✭✭
    Options

Worked exactly as suggested. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.