Why can't I see full account list when using Action "Link to existing account" ?

Options

For an existing account that I have manually entered data into years, I want to now use direct connect, to download transactions from my bank.

I goto connect, enter user/pass, that works and connects to my bank and gives me a list of my accounts, however when I goto select Action > "Link to existing account", it only shows 18 accounts, and I can't select the account I need to from the list because it is not there.

Any ideas?

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That "existing account" … is it already connected for downloading using a different protocol?
    You cannot Link an account which is already connected. Deactivate it first, then restart Quicken and use the "+" icon in the Account Sidebar title to pretend to add the account again. The selection list in the Link button should now have the missing account.

• Randaril
    Randaril Member ✭✭
    Options

Unfortunately no, that account was not already connected.

In fact none of my accounts have ever been connected… I recently converted an old 2011 quicken file (which we have been manually updating account data for years), into the new version of quicken. Everything went well and smooth, but I'm just having trouble trying to link to those existing accounts because they aren't showing up in the list - it only shows 18 with no way to scroll or search for others…

Is there a different way to choose to link an existing account?

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What kind of account are you trying to activate for downloading?
    And how is that account defined in Quicken? Is the Account Type in Quicken the same as what you're trying to activate?

OTOH, if you're trying to activate a Checking account from a list of many (more than 18) checking account registers and the register name starts with a letter after the ones shown in the selection list (e.g., "XYZ Checking") try temporarily renaming the register name to "A XYZ Checking". If the renamed account now shows up in the selection list, you seem to have run into a limitation in the program code that needs to be reported to the programmers.

This discussion has been closed.