Initial setup with Quicken Home & Business on Mac - Can't connect to Wells Fargo

BradleyBCraig
BradleyBCraig Quicken Mac Subscription Member

Setting up Quicken Home & Business 7.0.0 (Build 700.48698.100) macOS 12.6.3

I have connected to 2 institutions successfully, Amazon Store Card (Synchrony) and AAdvantage Aviator Master Card.

My main banking is with Wells Fargo. I went through the setup for Direct Connect - went to the wellsfargo.com/fmssetup, got code and entered to validate. When trying to connect in Quicken (within the 10 minute window) I get the following error …

I called wells fargo and went through all of the iterations with them again, as described above. They said everything was done as required to set up and that it was that 'fmx' need to be enabled on Quicken side.

I contacted Quicken via chat and phone and no success. Something about needing Direct Connect enabled with Wells Fargo and that they are initiating an call/alert.

Just putting this out there for any other who may have had this experience. TIA

Comments

• BradleyBCraig

Thanks for the heads up RickO!!

• BradleyBCraig

I was able to get this resolved. It turns out that since I had used Quicken in the past, there is an internal setting that was set to disabled when I stopped using it as opposed to inactive. The online banking support for WF set it to inactive and then I was able to go through the fmssetup process and successfully connect.

This discussion has been closed.