eBill payee without scheduled bills

Options

I have a credit card that I hardly use, as such it doesn't make sense to have a monthly Bill Reminder set. However, every once in a while (maybe once or twice a year) I buy something on it and then have a bill owed.

When I set the payee up as an ebill, is there a way I can be reminded (ad hoc I guess) by Quicken that I have a bill due that I don't normally have due? The bill shows up in my Payee list, but since there isn't a schedule, it isn't in my Bills list and it's not something I would see unless I happen to scan my payee list and see it due at the right time.

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

I don't know about in Quicken, but can't you set up on the credit card's website an email or text alert when you have a bill pending?

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you normally pay this credit card's entire balance in one payment … so as not to forget any payments due, you can authorize the credit card company at their website to Autopay, i.e., automatically debit your checking account for the balance due on the due date. This ensures that you don't forget making payment when an occasional balance is due.
    Check that you still get email notices about a new statement being available.

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

On that note, I have recently set up autopay for the miniumum balance on the due date on all my cards. I don't recall when or if I've ever missed a payment, but this is protection against the bad effects (late fees and credit rating hit) if I ever do forget a payment. I have it set up for minimum-only so that I don't have a surprise debit that overdraws my checking account.

I always pay the balance in full on my cards. All four companies (Chase, Citi, Elan and Amex) do not draw the minimum payment as long as they've received a larger payment (full balance) at least a few days before the due date. So this provides some protection while having no affect on my normal month to month process.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.