Downloaded credit card payment transfers aren't working (with quick fill rules)

Options
Sad Mac Convert
Sad Mac Convert Member ✭✭

I am using Quicken for Mac (7.0.0) to reconcile my transactions and have another problem. The credit card payments made through transfers from my bank account are only showing up in the credit card account register, and not in the bank account register as well. This issue only seems to occur with transactions that have downloaded directly from the credit card, and not with manually entered transfers. Even though the category in the register looks like a normal transfer (e.g. Transfer:[Bank Account]), it is not being treated as such.

There are renaming and quickfill rules involved because the default category for all credit card payments defaults to [Transfer:Credit Card Payment]. As I type this, I'm thinking this is probably why the transfers aren't working, so I changed the category in my cc registry from Transfer:[Bank Account]) to Transfer:[Credit Card Payment] and back again, and the tx appeared in the Bank Account as it should. So yes, this is looking like a problem with quickfill rules and transfer categories.

Additionally, the 'go to transfer' option is no longer available when I go into the transaction options. I'm not sure if it's related to this issue or if it was a feature only available in the Windows version of Quicken.

I sent a feedback report to Quicken but thought I'd post here too in case there is a workaround.

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

I never download first, so I don't have direct experience with this, but I do have a few suggestions of things to check:

1. Enable the Transfer column in the registers (menu View > Columns). This column is "truth" as to whether Quicken sees the transaction is a transfer.
    2. Edit the Quickfill rule, click the Split button and check that the Transfer account is shown there. (You can only see the Transfer field in the Split view of the categories when editing a Quickfill rule.)
    3. In Quicken Settings > Register make sure "Allow creation of linked transfers using the category field" is checked.

There is no "go to transfer" menu or contextual menu command in QMac. To pop open the transfer in a new window, you have to click the little right-arrow-in-a-circle icon at the right end of the Transfer column for the transaction. Unfortunately, this is only available if you have the Transfer column enabled.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.