Is there a problem with Quicken downloading or reconciling accounts?

Options

After months and years (20 years) of acceptable performace of reconciling my accounts, Quicken now says I need to make adjustments to my account in order to "balance". It happened to Checking last month and savings this month. Both different amounts. This time, after making the "adjustment" to savings, I noticed Quicken added a cash transfer between the savings and checking account that I didn't (or wouldn't) have made. Is anyone else having this problem?

Tagged:

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

Have these accounts recently gone through a process of transitioning to a new connection method? Some banks are switching from the older Direct Connect, which was very reliable, to "Express web connect plus" (EWC+) which is somewhat more secure but has had problems. Some problems are related to the downloaded Online balance being out of sync with the transactions that are downloaded.

You can look in

https://community.quicken.com/categories/alerts

to see a list of the reported banking issues.

Usually you do not need to accept any adjustments and the discrepancies will resolve themselves when the balances get back in sync.

With Bank of America, I find that my accounts often do not reconcile in the evening but do reconcile the next morning when pending trnsactions have cleared.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Shannon
    Shannon Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    > @tg1 said:
    > After months and years (20 years) of acceptable performace of reconciling my accounts, Quicken now says I need to make adjustments to my account in order to "balance". It happened to Checking last month and savings this month. Both different amounts. This time, after making the "adjustment" to savings, I noticed Quicken added a cash transfer between the savings and checking account that I didn't (or wouldn't) have made. Is anyone else having this problem?

I'm making adjustments daily to only my checking account. I'm about fed up with this. I have been using Q for years now and has never been this big of a pain.
This discussion has been closed.