Simple IRA

Options
Winddancer
Winddancer Member ✭✭

I track my pay checks, so Simple IRA contributions are listed in Simple account.

Then when I do an update the sme transactions are listed from the download, with no way to connect them. Therefore I have the tranactions listed twice.

What am I doing wrong?

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Change the IRA account from Tracking Method: Simple to Complete.
    Now you have a transaction register to work with and you can match downloaded transactions to the already existing register transactions.

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Are you referring to the IRA type?

A SIMPLE IRA is geared towards small business owners and their employees, while anyone meeting age and earned income requirements can contribute into a traditional IRA.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

just for clarification-

Are we really discussing SIMPLE IRA ?

Key Takeaways. Traditional IRAs are set up by individuals, while SIMPLE IRAs are set up by small business owners for employees and for themselves. Traditional IRA contributions are made by the individual only, but SIMPLE IRA contributions can be from both an employee and an employer.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Winddancer if you just reject answers without saying why, you are unlikely to get any more answers.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Winddancer
    Winddancer Member ✭✭
    Options

My IRA account is set to complete. That doesn't solve the issue.

Answers I rejected didn't even address the issue. I have and Simple IRA, I know what it is.. I need to know how to deal with double entries in Qucken.

Are we really talking about Simple IRA doesn't seem very helpful, maybe reread the question.

This discussion has been closed.