Online Balance not being displayed

Options
mv8167
mv8167 Member ✭✭

I have an Amex card that shows a negative online balance. The charge is not in Pending status as it is three weeks old. The charge will not download into Quicken. Any ideas on syncing up Quicken to get this charge displayed?

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @mv8167,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. What exactly occurs when attempting to download transactions? How long has this issue been occurring? Have you successfully migrated your American Express account(s)? Do you receive any error codes or messages when attempting to download transactions?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• mv8167
    mv8167 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you. I get no error message, and the download of accounts seems to work, but I see an online balance at the bottom of the Amex page but the amount does not show in the register. Going to the Amex website, the balance matches the Online Balance, but the amount is not being downloaded into Quicken.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Not sure what you are seeing - but on our sample Quicken MC account….
    - you can select the "gear" settings in upper right corner —> scrolll down to Register Columns —> select Balance -

The bottom of the Quicken Register will display 3 balances - Online - Credit - Ending -
    - Online - is sent from the CC company during Quicken downloading
    - Credit - is just a local Account Details amount setup by yourself
    - Ending - is the Quicken calculated amount including any pending/entered transactions

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

just curious for the group - WHERE/HOW is the transaction count being displayed - I don't have it anywhere ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• mv8167
    mv8167 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am not clear n your ask. But my online Amex CC account indicates a $150 balance; Quicken indicates an Online Ballance of $150. But my Quicken registry shows $0 after I download the transactions; this my owed balance in Quicken is also $0. The download is not syncing the $150 charge on my Amex CC.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

@mshiggins - tnx - I have 15" laptop with 1280x800
    and leave room around the Quicken screen to see other icons to click on… like Snipping, etc -
    I can only get the "transactions count" to display if I go Quicken full screen …. which I never do, with any programs -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.