Bought CDs - but they do not appear in my accounts - nor does my Life Insurance investment

Options
Adventurer
Adventurer Member ✭✭
edited May 2023 in Investing (Windows)

I recently took funds from my checking account and invested in a few 3 month CD's. When I download my account details for all my banking, credit cards, etc. these CD's do not show up Am I supposed to do something to add them ?

Comments

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I believe for many banks purchasing a CD is like creating a new account. I haven't had a bank CD in a while but from what I remember I needed to set these up manually. I just created a separate investment account and created a new security for each CD. I then moved the money from the bank account to the investment account and purchased the CD.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

It would be good to log into your bank online website - and see how your accounts and CD look -

Your Quicken should be setup to mirror the "accounts" and other holdings that you see at your bank online website -

• Adventurer
    Adventurer Member ✭✭
    Options
    I see my IRA's with this bank, but not the CD's that I just purchased. So your suggestion is to set up an account for each CD I purchased ?
  • Adventurer
    Adventurer Member ✭✭
    Options
    I attached a copy of a snip-it. The CD's are through Edward Jones, there are nine different CD's, all with maturity dates in 3 months.

I'm also noticing that my Life Insurance which is an investment type of an account with not only a death benefit, but it also has a cash value, is not showing up on my Account list. The only "accounts" showing up that I have at Edward Jones are my retirement accounts. Would I need to manually enter the Life Insurance investment account as well ?
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

just to clarify -
    WHERE are all these different accounts - ie - when you log into the online website - which website ?
    - banking, checking, CC
    - CDs
    - Life Insurance (guessing whole life policy)

• Adventurer
    Adventurer Member ✭✭
    Options
    It is right on the Home Page of the EJ website.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

try the Quicken Add Account -

point it at your EJ - enter User ID / Password- and see what EJ accounts it offers up for Quicken

This discussion has been closed.