Get error message "Could not record transfer" (edit)

Options
bpapo
bpapo Member

I have been recording transfers from a checking to savings account every week and just recently I am getting an error can not record transfer. It last worked on 4/12/23 . Did an update change something

Comments

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

For the Transfer- are you using the Category [acct] method or the menu method ?

Is the error just … "can not record transfer"

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• bpapo
    bpapo Member
    Options

Im using transfer reminder and set up a transfer between a checking and savings account . The error is actually could not record transfer. I tried also going to actions and trying to transfer and same error I attached images of what I am doing and this is not being done electronically only manually.

• bpapo
    bpapo Member
    Options

validating and repairing the file worked

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Are/were you expecting the transfer transaction to be sent to Chase, to perform the actual transfer at the bank?

If your bank (the one that runs your checking account) recently required you to reauthorize your checking account and/or your bank has changed from "Direct Connect" to either "Express Web Connect" or "Express Web Connect+" you can no longer use Online Bill Pay direct to the bank or Quicken Bill Manager's Quick Pay function. The bank no longer supports this function through Quicken.

Please do this:

Logon to the bank's website and schedule your transfer to be executed by the bank. In parallel to that, in Quicken use a regular (local, not online) Scheduled Reminder to record your transfer. Repeat every time another transfer is due.

This discussion has been closed.